Friday, August 9, 2013

Tea and Hope

The morning started off with unwillingly getting out of bed and throwing on a pair of shorts and a tank top. Just like any other day, but this one had a totally different ending than any of the other ones. This particular overcast and hot day marked the beginning of an adventurous adventure.

For a little background information, my name is Sicily, I live in Georgia, I am 13 years old and I play competitive travel softball. I live with my mom, two dogs, and cat. My father passed away in a car accident in February, and to try and clear our heads my mother and I are going on a five-week trip to the Northeast to visit family and learn some history. We have already gone to West Virginia for two days to see an old family friend on his farm. Now we are currently at my grandmother's house in Pennsylvania and will be staying here for a week, then off to Northern Virginia and for a week, going to and from Washington DC. Our final stop is camping in Assateague for a week, then driving back home along the coast.

Going to West Virginia takes eight hours from where I live, therefore plenty of opportunities to see strange sights. The first of many was a 60-something-year-old-man with a rainbow tie-die shirt, greying head of hair and beard driving an old beat up  truck (brand unknown) Eating peanut butter from a jar with a spoon. Just an odd combination. Unfortunately I was not able to get a picture of this, but I was able to get a picture of a dancing pickle in Pennsylvania:

 
And with this I bid you adieu.  
 
 
 

Where there's tea there's hope.
Arthur Wing Pinero


1 comment: